Friday, January 7, 2011

A Day at home by myself!

I think this is a first in a really long time, I have they day at home all by myself. I really should be getting more stuff done, but it is feeling so good to be lazy. I am planning to try and move things around in the little girls' room. I am working on laundry today as well, I must say my new washer and dryer hold so many clothes that I am not nearly as behind in laundry as I usually am.

Last night I started dreaming about the next dress I want to make. My mom got me a gift card to JoAnn Fabrics for Christmas, then I had a 20% off coupon, plus the clearance fabric was 50% off, so I really got some good deals. I got some really filmy brown material that I have decided I am going to make me a new regency dress. I will have to layer it with something under it because it is so thin. I am not as fond of the regency dresses, but I am getting excited about this new dress idea. I want to make it fancy and do some cool things with the sleeves. It was hard to sleep last night because my mind was racing with ideas, now I just need to get started. I will make sure to post some pictures when I get started.

I do believe life is going to get back to normal for me. Work was really crazy for November and December, but it should be slowing down, I think. Of course we are getting ready to head into a busy season of Winter Percussion contests and other school like things. Does life really ever slow down? And I am really not sure what normal is for me around here...lol.

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hee hee! What is normal? I'm excited you are making a new dress! I will look forward to pictures! :) I love how you create and make... such a gift! have a good night!