Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birthdays


I have the coolest new sewing table that was a gift made by my hubby for my birthday. I was going to take a picture to post here, but right now I have tons of sewing stuff stacked on top of it and nobody will be able to see the table. If I actually get it cleaned up, then I will definitely post a picture, my hubby did a great job.

I have decided I don't like Birthdays any more. I am horrible at remembering other people's birthdays, which means I rarely wish them a happy birthday or get them a gift. One of these days I am going to make a calendar just with every birthday I know. But what I really dislike is my own birthday. I start looking forward to my birthday usually a month before it happens, I am usually waiting to see what someone is going to do for me, not that I really know what I want done, but with a birthday close to Thanksgiving and Christmas, not much is ever done. The day comes and goes without much fanfare, which is to be expected. After all, I am the mom, I am the one who is suppose to do the nice things for everyone. Maybe it is just part of being a mom. Then I also wonder to myself, if I want something more special for my birthday, maybe those around me do too? Maybe I need to start looking at ways to wish those around me a better birthday? I could always start this year off by remembering other people's birthdays, hmmm...that is a thought.

Still, I should not complain, my husband worked in secret to make me a custom sewing table to fit in a small corner of our bedroom that gives me more space than I had before and my "5th" child, Claudia from across the street insisted that her mother buy me a portable coffee mug since she sees me take coffee to work every morning when she comes over to catch the bus. I didn't get to go out for dinner to a restaurant, but I did have dinner with my small group at a friend's house. Maybe it is just my weird expectations that get in the way of me enjoying my birthday?

If today is your birthday,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

No comments: