Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting to that point...

It always amazes me how long I can go before things really start to bug me, but I think I have finally hit that point. My poor hubby has to put up with a lot, because he would seriously be a clean freak if it were not for me. I can let things go way too long before I decide it is time for a good cleaning. It has been kind of hard to get use to being home while the kiddos are at school and to try to figure out exactly what I should be doing during the day. I am noticing messes piling up and today I will begin to unravel the messes and get rid of some things. It is going to take a lot of will power to stay on task, but if I make a list of projects that need to be cleaned and just take it one mess at a time, it will feel good to have it done.

On another note, we have another re-enactment coming up this weekend. We will be driving up to Goshen, IN for our first time at the
Gathering at Five Medals. I am sure the weather will be colder, but I have heard it might warm up some, so we will just have to see. I have looked at my past pictures and I really plan to get some pictures of all of us in our clothes. I would really like to get another family picture. I really want a new picture of me so that I can use it on my facebook profile. Dwayne has been working on some new projects that I am very excited about. He made a new bench to use inside the tent, but being the practical man that he is, he made it so that it is a box as well, and it will hold a lot of my dry foods. We needed a bench to sit on to get dressed in the morning. It is really hard to sit on rope bed. I would like to get a linen chemise made this week, but I really should have done that last week. This goes back to the not getting done what I should be doing during the day while everyone is gone. Dwayne also made me a tiny, but sturdy little stool that I will be able to use when I am working on the fire. He has been busy.


Well, I better get started on my day and really hope to have some good clothing pictures to upload next week!

No comments: