Thursday, October 22, 2009

Caffeine is Great!

I just love a good peppermint latte with extra whip cream from Starbucks. I have them from other places and they are good, but still not Starbucks worthy. Just had to share that.

Yesterday started out early...really early. Dwayne got up at 4:30am to work, I got up not too long after him to get the day started. After everyone left, I had my pile of stuff to do. I spent the better part of the morning working on bills and budget stuff....yay...so fun! Then I had to go grocery shopping. This should be fun, to go shopping without anyone with me. There use to be a time where I could not wait to do this by myself, but now that I do so much by myself, it is just not fun. Plus, no matter how fast you are, it always takes hours to get things done in Muncie...yuck! My treat to myself when I was done was a Grande Peppermint Latte with extra whip cream and cream cheese danish to go from Starbucks. This was my 3rd cup of coffee for the day. When I got home and put away the groceries, I did not feel like doing any of the stuff on my list, I just wanted to play on the computer. But then all of a sudden the caffeine kicked in and I was off. I got my chilli made, bagged and froze, got the sausage all cooked and froze. I packed up all the clothes into the trailer, even packed up the table. I drove the kids crazy and made Dwayne laugh at me, I think they all hid from me for awhile, until dinner was ready and then they had to be back around me. But I felt good with what was done.

Now, today is my baking day. I have already got bread mixing in the bread machine on the dough cycle. Bread machines are wonderful. I never cook the bread in them, just use them for their dough cycle, then I shape the dough how I want, let it rise one last time and bake it in my oven. I even used one bread machine until it died. I have to do up dishes, make cupcakes, pancakes, more bread and pack up food. We leave tonight for Goshen. I know it is suppose to be chilly and rainy, but I can't help it, I am still excited. Don't you feel sorry for my hubby, he has to put up with my giddiness when I am like this...poor guy!

I will try to get pictures posted from the weekend early next week.

No comments: